Cannabis business leaders, growers, budtenders, enthusiasts and home-growers will all find something to pique their interest when the much-anticipated Grow Up Conference and Expo arrives in British Columbia’s capital this month.
Coming to Victoria for the first time, the June 20 to 22 event has compiled a stellar line-up of speakers, workshops and networking opportunities for those in the cannabis and emerging psychedelic industries.
With a line-up including everything from hands-on growing tips for beginners to in-depth extraction sessions for those working in the industry, other opportunities include retail networking and a special day for budtenders.
While the event is a first for Victoria, it builds on a history of Grow Up events in Niagara Falls, ON, scheduled this year for Sept. 12 to 14.
Here’s a look at some not-to-be-missed Victoria opportunities:
- Actor, farmer and cannabis proponent Jim Belushi is the keynote speaker, hosting a “Fireside chat,” June 20. Also among the more than 100 speakers is master grower Ed Rosenthal, cannabis extracts expert Marcus ‘Bubbleman’ Richardson, Taylor Blake, CEO of The Emerald Cup, Simon Smit, 105-time Cannabis Cup winner and founder of Serious Seed, and Ted Smith, Founder of the Victoria Cannabis Buyers Club.
- Grow at Home: Hands-on Workshop – “Guru of Ganja” Ed Rosenthal will host some of the most interactive cannabis workshops in the industry, including this hands-on learning experience. New and seasoned growers alike will learn how to grow safely, legally and deliciously, with key insights from grower Remo Colasanti.
- Technical masterclass – In this two-day deep dive intensive with Dr. Av Singh, go in-depth on everything cultivation. Notable speakers include Master Growers Genevieve Newton (Stewart Farms), Angela Fulton (Whistler Medical), and fan-favourite Dustan MacLean (Parkland Flower). A must-attend for enthusiast and veteran growers who want to take their cannabis quality and cultivation to the next level.
- The Extraction Zone – Renowned cannabis extracts master Marcus ‘Bubbleman’ Richardson will share knowledge and insights gained from decades of industry experience in workshops delving into the science, equipment, methods and services driving cannabis extraction’s evolution.
- The Psychedelic Summit – University of British Columbia professor Zach Walsh headlines the Summit – timely as the west coast builds momentum towards legalization. Walsh, joined by industry experts including Dr. Rachel Knox and Dr. Pamela Kryskow, will address therapeutic applications of psychedelics, intellectual property, inspection, quality control and distribution, looking ahead to a legal, regulated future.
- Budtenders Day – A dedicated day for budtenders, June 22, enjoy panel discussions for career advancement and plant education, and connect with licensed producers and microcultivators through short, speed-dating-style networking events. Members of The Budtender’s Association can sign up for free, and those without a membership can purchase a ticket for $30.
To learn more and book your tickets for this must-attend event, visit growupconference.com/victoria.