From cooking with cannabis competitions to budtender events, educational sessions to the latest innovations in the world of weed, Toronto is home to all things cannabis next week.
CannExpo lights up Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place March 24 to 26 with the promise to educate, entertain and stoke our passion for legal cannabis consumption.
While legal in Canada for four years, stigma and misconceptions around cannabis remain. As an event designed for both enthusiasts and retailers, CannExpo intends to change that.
The perfect blend of entertainment, inspiration and education, highlights include cooking-with-cannabis competitions featuring celeb chefs, educational sessions, live entertainment and cultural experiences, plus high-profile main-stage guests like joint-rolling expert Cody VanGogh, whose world-class creations have been enjoyed by the likes of Snoop Dogg and Machine Gun Kelly.
Need a few reasons to blaze a path CannExpo? Here are our top 7 favourites:
- See The Disciplined Stoners – Ellevan and Winny Clarke explore cannabis through the lens of creativity, holistic wellness and business, in a style that combines perspective, performance, music and comedy. They’ll appear March 24, hosting the awards show and participating in panels and games throughout the day.
- “So You Think You Can Cook With Cannabis” – Featuring celebrity chef judges Jordan Wagman, Vito Blaze and The Ganja Mama, and three categories – Best Infused Baker, Best Mixologist and Best Chef – the competition will run all weekend.
- Get rolling – CannExpo’s rolling competition will be judged by none other than acclaimed joint rolling artist Cody VanGogh, the only Canadian competitor in the National Joint League. Sign up for all three days at Booth #624 for your chance to win prizes.
- Hear sensational speakers – Among the lineup is Jack Kungel, of Jack’s Garage documentary, who will speak on March 26 about his own health journey that has led him to become a passionate educator about the many benefits of cannabis and a plant-based diet. Other topics include women in cannabis, cannabis safety and parenting, questions to ask your budtender, psychedelics advocacy and more.
- Celebrate the best of the best – The Cannabis Community and Influencer Awards March 24 feature fan-nominated cannabis influencers competing in categories designed to celebrate success and inclusion, and bring attention to those less known in the industry. Included will be a special Lifetime Achievement Award for Abi Roach, a driving force in cannabis advocacy and legalization.
- Browse popular brands – Connect with licensed retailers and craft growers, plus those making cannabis crafts, organic hemp products and accessories. The Ontario Cannabis Store will also be on hand to share their new education hub, Cannabis Made Clear, along with 10 access grant winners, sponsored by the OCS as part of an effort to increase the presence and participation of Black, Indigenous and people of colour-owned retailers and Licensed Producers at CannExpo.
- Visit the Tether Budtender & Retail Gathering – From 2 to 3:30 p.m. March 26, this exclusive event for currently employed Cansell-certified budtenders and licensed retailers celebrates the finale of Tether’s 2023 Budtender Appreciation Week. With opportunities to sample, network and more, registration is $25 and includes Sunday admission.
CannExpo tickets are $20 for a day pass or $45 for the weekend – visit cannexpo.ca to purchase tickets!