For many cannabis enthusiasts, their Budtender is a key part of their experience, whether it’s sharing a new strain or guiding a deeper dive into specifics like how terpenes affect the end product. For newcomers to the world of weed, a knowledgeable, accessible budtender is essential in making people feel open to asking questions and fine-tuning their choices.
Budtenders are, after all, the people at the front line of the cannabis industry.
For all these reasons – and a whole lot more – Budtenders are being saluted later this month with B-Week, featuring both virtual and live, in-person events – most free and designed to bring together Budtenders from across the country to learn, explore and celebrate.
Hosted by Tether, building community for Budtenders across Canada, and powered by MarigoldPR, B-Week leads into the CannExpo, coming to the Enercare Centre at Exhibition Place in Toronto March 24 to 26.
Here’s a look at what’s on the B-Week Calendar:
- March 21 – Free Virtual Sesh, 4:20 p.m. PDT / 7:20 p.m. EDT. Come together virtually to meet Shatterizer, Cake & Caviar and Astronaut, hear their stories, win prizes and network with Budtenders across the country. Pre-registration is required – reserve your spot here. Must be a Budtender or retailer and age of majority in your province.
- March 22 – Free RC Supply Co. Tours. The home-grown rec brand in Toronto, RC Supply is motivated to bring legacy to legal. Working with small-batch craft cannabis, you can expect high-quality bud, high terpenes and strong bag appeal. Get a sneak peek behind the scenes at their grow facility in Etobicoke. Tours are free, but pre-registration is required – choose from in-person tour times of 10 a.m., 1 p.m. or 3 p.m. EDT. Must be a 19+ budtender or retailer to join. Get your tickets here.
- March 23 – Free Virtual B-Week Sesh, 4:20 p.m. PDT / 7:20 p.m. EDT. Come together virtually with Tether and the folks from Stewart Farms, Decibel and Manna Maple Sugar – meet Budtenders from across Canada, learn about different products, have the chance to win awesome prizes and more. Pre-registration is required – reserve your spot here. Must be a Budtender or retailer and age of majority in your province.
- March 23 – Free Cake & Caviar by Habitat tour. B.C. Budtenders in the Shuswap area – visit Habitat’s Sorrento, B.C. facility to learn about aquaponics, and meet the fish and the ladies (cannabis plants!) The tour runs from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. PDT and pre-registration is required – reserve your spot here. Must be a Budtender or retailer and age of majority in your province.
- March 24 – Free Stewart Farms Tour – New Brunswick Budtenders – head to Stewart Farms for a 90-minute aquaponics adventure, beginning at 1:30 p.m. ADT. Learn about different Stewart Farms products and how they’re grown. Learn about different Stewart Farms products and how they’re grown. Pre-registration is required – reserve your spot here. Must be a budtender or retailer and age of majority in your province.
Finally, be sure to save the date for the Tether Budtender & Retail Gathering at CannExpo, Sunday, March 26, and celebrate the finale of 2023 Budtender Appreciation Week! Exclusively for budtenders and retailers, tickets are $25 and offer a chance to check out new product launches and samples, connect with industry professionals, and more.
Learn more about at B-Week at tetherbuds.com